The Cape Milner
Standard | Secure
Illyria House -
Pretoria, South Africa
Rates in South African Rands ZAR (R)
In the following table you will find the Blue Travel rates. For conversion into your home currency see the currency converter.
|Illyria House - Pretoria, South Africa|
|Rates on request|
Although not open to the public, Illyria House receives guests, who have been recommended by mutual friends and reputable Tour Operators such as Blue Travel. This is to ensure privacy and security for our regular high profile guests.
- Fine antiques and 17th century tapestries.
- Five en-suite double rooms & one en-suite double room with a jacuzzi on the verandah.
- Exceptional hospitality and cuisine.
- Hairdressing, manicures, facials and body massage by appointment.
- Our guests have free access to the prestigious Virgin Active Club nearby.
- Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and hairdressers can also be provided in the house.
- Sporting facilities ranging from horse-riding and golf to tennis and hiking trails by arrangement.
- Personalized tours to the Botanical Gardens and the State Theatre can also be arranged.
- 25 Minutes - Johannesburg International Airport.
- 5 Minutes - Pretoria Railway Stations.
What to do in and around Pretoria?
The standard city tour of Pretoria includes visits to the Voortrekker Monument, Church Square, Kruger/Melrose House and the Union Buildings. In October, the Jacaranda trees bloom, turning the city into a lilac fairyland.
For tourists based in Pretoria, there is a choice between the Rhino & Lion Park, and the Pilanesberg National Park, which is home to the Big Five (lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino and elephant). Feeding time can be observed at the De Wildt Cheetah and Wildlife Captive Breeding Center where hyenas, vultures and cheetahs flourish in a natural, but controlled environment.
Experience Lesedi, a multi-cultural African village home to four major African tribes. Visit homesteads and watch, or join, traditional dancing and singing. A tour to Soweto, including a traditional medicine shop, can be combined with a trip through Johannesburg and the Gold Reef City themepark.
The world's biggest diamond was discovered at the nearby Cullinan Mine. The surface tour includes the Diamond Room, where a selection of uncut diamonds and replicas of world famous diamonds are displayed.
Another African experience not to be missed is a sunrise safari in a hot air balloon over the Hartbeespoort Dam and the Magaliesberg Mountains. South Africa&'s Kingdom of Pleasure can be found at Sun City or Lost City. Facilities range from a casino to golf courses and a crocodile farm.
Loopspruit Wine Estate is the only one of its kind north of the Vaal river. Enjoy a guided tour, wine tasting and a traditional Bushveld lunch.